tzipi

it's the bread of astronauts!
[spiffywafer.com]

7.25.2005

Apartment Happiness

It's late but I just wanted to say how excited I am that I am setting up an actual (semi) studio in my bedroom!




I actually did those four prints today and now I have to go buy new paper so I can make more prints of old blocks. I should get cheaper paper until I get a handle on doing prints by hand, because as you might be able to see I messed up at least 2 if not 3 of the four prints I did. (The only good one is the one to the left on top)

The drafting table was purchased yesterday for $40 and it has a perfect surface for printmaking because the ink just wipes clean off. I use waterbased ink outside the studio because I don't want to deal with the chemicals used to clean oil ink. Plus, if you know me, you'll know I am a completely accident-prone person, and with water-base ink at least I know that if I spill on myself it will come out in the wash. Also the metal sides are perfect for paper-tearing. I am super-happy with it.

Now here's a gratuitous shot of my new bookcase, of which I am also very proud.



I just like it. I don't know if it's appropriate for the little pot to be sitting on top of the siddur, but it looks so nice like that. It keeps it from... blowing away... in the wind.

And you can see on my desk a framed photo of my wonderful boyfriend, who has calmly put up with me mooching off his cable tv and couch-ful-ness until our apartment is furnished. And my iPod.

The rest of my room is a mess right now and my bed is in a stupid place, so it won't be pictured here.

Now I'm violated because lots of internet people (whoever reads my blog... haha) have seen the inside of my bedroom.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Can I get a print yo? When you're ready, if it's cool. Cool as in you say "Yes, I think I'm down with sending mail to a fellow jewish blogger."

I'll pay for the shippin. Sounds very yiddish, I know...SHIPPIN, SHLIPPIN, SHLEPPIN...It's the same root!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger tzipi said...

haha you'd have to pay for the print, too, man !
but none of those are good quality because i haven't figured out printing by hand yet.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read your blog, think you'd be really interested in this website

 

Post a Comment

<< Home